You'll gain a wealth of experience working in a fast paced environment, assiting the Head Brewer and Cellaring Operations on shift. This can include a variety of activities, including tank washing & sanitation (CIP), preparing and cleaning transfer lines, readying finished beer tanks for packaging (ie: carbonation) and kegging operations.
Formal brewing experience is not required, but basic knowledge and a strong interest in craft beer and brewing is a plus! The job is fast paced and physical, requiring the ability to lift 25kg, and if needed work a forklift and mechanical canning machine.
The ideal candidate is a great team player, and always willing to jump between tasks, or step out of their roles when needed.
One of the most important gigs at Big Spruce: getting beer out to the world!
- Filling out necessary paperwork and ensuring orderly delivery invoices
- Picking of beer orders and/or verifying orders picked before final delivery
- Maintain a safe, clean vehicle. Complete daily safety checks.
- Daily loading and unloading of delivery vehicles requiring of good physical fitness and able to perform repetitive heavy lifting (able to lift 150lbs and frequently lift 55lbs)
- Valid driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- There will often be other miscellaneous tasks helping out around the brewery as needed, so it is an excellent opportunity to learn more about brewery operations.
Becoming a part of our taproom and Sprucetique crew is fun, fast-paced, and involves all aspects of the guest experience during a visit to our organic farm brewery. We welcome craft-beer enthusiasts and first-timers alike through our doors -- you will easily guide everyone through and send them on their way with fresh beer in hand and great memories to share.
- Customer service wizard with excellent communication, organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Energy and ability to work in a very faced-paced environment, on your feet most of the day, both indoors and outside
- Keen to memorize key knowledge about our year-round beers, and stay on top of getting to know our new releases
- Able to stay calm and problem-solve a guest's needs
- Fantastic team-player who is eager to jump in and help with whatever is required to keep the guest experience smooth and enjoyable
- Duties include: open/close procedures, using a POS system, proper beer serving technique, assisting guests with their beer choices and knowledgeably answering any beer-related questions, keeping the Taproom, Sprucetique and customer washrooms clean, tidy and restocked with beer & swag,